Bianca Braganza, Articling Student
Before joining Polley Faith as an articling student, Bianca was a summer student at the firm. She graduated from the transsystemic law program at McGill University, where she obtained a dual degree in Common Law (JD) and Civil Law (BCL). While in law school, Bianca worked as a research assistant in the areas of tax law, criminal law, and administrative law. She was a Senior Editor for the McGill Journal of Law and Health and volunteered for the Clinique Juridique de Saint-Michel, a legal clinic in Montreal specializing in racial profiling. Bianca was also a Pro Bono Students Canada volunteer at the Center for Research-Action on Race Relations. She served as the Co-President of the Women of Color Collective and was the Program Coordinator for Law Education Connection (LEX), the Faculty of Law’s youth outreach program.
Prior to law school, Bianca completed an Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences from Western University (Top 5%). She then completed a joint Master of Science in Global Health from McMaster University and Maastricht University, where she received the Ontario Graduate Scholarship. During her studies, Bianca worked for municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government.
Bianca serves as a Board Member for the Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism, at McGill University’s Faculty of Law. She is currently Co-Chair of the Student and New Call Events Committee with the Group of Racialized Ontario Women Litigators (GROWL). She is also an organizing committee member for PRISME, Canada’s annual LGBTQ2S+ Law Conference.
Bianca anticipates being called to the Ontario Bar in 2023.
- Ontario Graduate Scholar
- JD and BCL, McGill University, 2022
- MSc Global Health, McMaster University and Maastricht University, 2017
- HBHSc (with Distinction), Western University, 2016
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Group of Racialized Ontario Women Litigators (GROWL)
- South Asian Bar Association
- Group of Racialized Ontario Women Litigators, Co-Chair of the Student and New Call Events Committee
- PRISME, Canada’s new annual LGBTQ2S+ law conference, Planning Committee Member
- Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism, McGill University, Faculty of Law, Board Member