Brookelyn Kirkham, Partner
Brookelyn is a litigator who acts for institutional clients and individuals in professional liability, corporate-commercial, and civil disputes. She has appeared at all levels of court in Ontario, as well as in arbitrations and administrative tribunal proceedings.
Brookelyn regularly works on health litigation, representing healthcare professionals and organizations in civil, regulatory, and criminal matters. She was counsel to a party that appeared before the Long-Term Care Covid-19 Commission.
Beyond health law, Brookelyn acts in many other areas of litigation including complex contract interpretation, shareholder disputes, public inquiries, criminal investigations, class actions, academic and professional discipline, and regulatory prosecutions. She also has extensive experience managing legal risk on behalf of clients facing public investigations and reputational crises.
Before joining the firm, Brookelyn served as a judicial law clerk at the Federal Court of Appeal for the Honourable Justice David G. Near, where she focused on administrative and regulatory law, as well as judicial and appellate review. Brookelyn summered and articled at the Crown Law Office-Civil of the Ministry of the Attorney General, working closely on civil, commercial, and public law litigation matters.
- Complex Commercial & Shareholder Disputes
- Corporate – Criminal & White-Collar Fraud
- Crisis Management & “Overnight” Litigation
- Public & Regulatory Law
- Professional Liability
- Health Law
- Class Actions
- Sensitive Investigations
- Defamation and Media
- Inquiries and Inquests
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under List
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star
- JD (magna cum laude), University of Ottawa, 2015
- MA in International Affairs, Carleton University, 2015
- BA (with High Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 2011
- Law Society of Ontario, 2016
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Ontario, Free Legal Advice Hotline
- Faculty, The Advocates’ Society, CPD
- Mentor, First Generation Network
- Volunteer, Ontario Justice Education Network
- Performer, The Lawyer Show, Nightwood Theatre