Emily Fraser, Associate
Emily summered and articled with Polley Faith before joining as an associate. Emily obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto, where she received distinction standing in her final year. While at school, Emily served as a Senior Editor of the Critical Analysis of Law journal and volunteered for the Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children’s public legal education program. Emily also competed in the Walsh Family Law Moot where she won the award for Best Respondent Factum. In her first-year summer, Emily worked at Downtown Legal Services in the Family Law Division, representing clients in high-conflict separation, child support, and custody matters.
Before law school, Emily completed a Bachelors in English (High Honours) with a Specialization in Global Literature at the University of Waterloo. She also completed a Masters in English in the Field of Creative Writing at the University of Toronto, successfully defending her thesis in 2014. Emily was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2021.
- Best Respondent Factum, Walsh Family Law Moot
- Ontario Graduate Studies Scholar
- The University of Waterloo Creative Writing Award for Prose
- University of Waterloo· Germanic and Slavic Studies Department Award
- JD, University of Toronto, 2020
- MA in English in the Field of Creative Writing, University of Toronto, 2014
- BA (with High Honours) in English Literature (Specialization in Global Literature, Minor in Philosophy), University of Waterloo, 2012
- Law Society of Ontario, 2021
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Young Women in Law